Monday Night Football Recap: Seahawks' Defensive Dominance Shuts Down the Giants

To The PeopleTo The People
Monday Night Football Recap: Seahawks' Defensive Dominance Shuts Down the Giants
The NFL season's fourth week concluded on Monday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, with an NFC matchup between the Seattle Seahawks (3-1) and the New York Giants (1-3). 

Jamal Adams, a safety for the Seahawks, played just nine snaps in his first game in thirteen months and left the game with what seemed to be a concussion. Shortly after he left the game, Seattle declared him out.

Still, Seattle's defence was outstanding; in a decisive display, they forced the same number of turnovers and gave up only three points.

Setting up the boom

In his first game of the season, Adams was flying over the field and, with this massive tackle, he gave New York a pleasant reminder of his ability.

Adams, though, returned to the locker room with an injury shortly after his play after unintentionally taking a knee to the head. Shortly later, he was ruled out due to a probable concussion.

Now for the picture!

Once the Seahawks defence forced a fumble and gave their offence the ball close to the 10-yard line, they were able to take a picture.

For DK, TD!

Geno Smith slid to his right to shoot a laser towards DK Metcalf, who made a stunning reception in the end zone for Seattle's first touchdown. The Seahawks were quick to capitalise on the mistake.

Through committee

Due to an ankle injury, Geno Smith departed the game in the middle of the second quarter. Drew Lock took his place. Lock wasted little time in finding Noah Fant with a 51-yard throw, and Kenneth Walker III added a touchdown after that.

In the first moments of the second half, Smith went back under centre.

Bring it into the home!

Well, that momentum sure is gone. The G-Men proceeded on a 10-play, 52-yard drive that had them within yards of the end zone after the first half ended without a touchdown. 

However, rookie star Devon Witherspoon stopped them short of their winning score by intercepting a ball meant for Parris Campbell and running 97 yards back for a touchdown.

Terrible than terrible

When Jones threw another interception to Quandre Diggs, effectively securing the Seahawks' victory, Giants supporters made their way out of the stadium.